The first season of The WOW Podcast with Jude Kelly is out now!
You can listen now to the first two episodes, plus a special bonus episode, on all major podcast platforms, including on Apple Podcasts.
Created with support by Mishcon de Reya, the series will be full of stories of inspiring women from across the globe; featuring in-depth interviews, highlights from WOW Festivals, fun and mind expanding conversations, and insights into the lives of people you've heard of - and those we know you'll love meeting.
Here's a look at what's in store for you in the first episodes, available now...
In our first ever episode, we look back to WOW's 10th anniversary festival in London earlier this year and revisit one of WOW Global 24's highlights:
- Listen to an extract from Domestic Violence - Everyone's Problem; a powerful panel discussion featuring campaigner Gina Miller, SafeLives' CEO Suzanne Jacobs and SafeLives' Pioneers Naomi Donald and Celia Peachey
- Hear an exclusive WOW reading by actor Gillian Anderson. Gillian reads from legendary American writer, academic and feminist Rebecca Solnit's latest book Hope in the Dark (Published by Canongate Books)
- All rounded off by a performance by the first all-girl Roma band Pretty Loud (we love them and know you will too)
We asked a friend to listen to the podcasts before they went out. "I swear I literally hung onto every word each guest spoke." Be prepared to be stopped in your tracks.
- Listen to an extract of Caroline Criado Perez talking at 2020's London WOW Festival about her award-winning book Invisible Women, before Jude Kelly catches up with her during lockdown to discuss what impact Covid-19 has and could have on the gender data gap.
- Hear from WOW's very own Programmer Sabeena Akhtar. Sabeena, also a writer and editor, reads an unmissable extract from Cut from the Same Cloth, her forthcoming anthology of essays by British Muslim women.
- And there's a performance from our most recent festival, WOW Global 24, from Palestinian guitarist and singer Rasha Nahas.
In this special bonus episode, listen to Layla Saad's interview at WOW London in 2020 about her ground-breaking book Me and White Supremacy.
What exactly is white supremacy? Are you able to recognise your privilege but unsure of how to challenge it? Do you want to speak up but feel you haven't got the tools to do so? Back in March, Jude Kelly interviewed anti-racism educator Layla to find out more about her journey from her #MeandWhiteSupremacy viral Instagram challenge to writing her now best-selling workbook.